NATIONAL SKILL TRAINING INSTITUTE(W) PATNA
Directorate General of Training(DGT)
Address: WITI Campus, Digha Ghat, Patna-800011
National Skill Training Institute (Formerly Advanced Training Institute) is one of the premier institutes run by the by the Directorate General of Training (DGT), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Govt.of India.
It was initially set up by the Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGE&T), Ministry of Employment and Labour, Govt. of India in the year 1963 with the main objective of imparting training to the instructor of ITIs in the country.
The Directorate General of Training ( DGT ) is the apex organization for development and co-ordination at National level for the programmes relating to vocational training including Women’s Vocational Training and Employment Services. Industrial Training Institutes are under the administrative and financial control of State Governments or Union Territory Administrations. DGT also operates Vocational Training Schemes in some of the specialized areas through field institutes under its direct control. Development of these programmes at national level, particularly in the area concerning common policies, common standards and procedures, training of instructors and trade testing is the responsibility of the DGT.
• To contribute to India and the World through excellence in scientific and technical education and research; to serve as a valuable resource for industry and society.
• Development of skill and training methodology of the trainers from state directorates, who in turn will train and make available skilled manpower for Industries.
• To ensure steady flow of skilled workers to the Industry in different trades.
• To raise the quality and quantity of Industrial production by systematic training of potential workers.
• To enhance employability of educated youth through training for skilled and supervisory jobs.
• To upgrade and update the skills of technical personnel of Industries/ Government Departments and Organizations for diversification in production and for keeping them abreast with
the technological Advancement.
• To conduct need based training program for Industries, Departments and Organizations in the form of Tailor Made program.
• Rendering consultancy in training / production techniques.
• Academic integrity and accountability.
• Respect and tolerance for the views of every individual.
• Attention to issues of national relevance as well as of global concern.
• Breadth of understanding, including knowledge of the human sciences.
• Appreciation of intellectual excellence and creativity.
• An unfettered spirit of explorating, rationality and enterprise.
NSTI(W) Patna is situated on the South bank of river Ganges behind Digha Ghat, one of the most important and sacred places of Patna . The Institute campus is 7.8 Km from the Patna junction railway station and 9.3 Km from the Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport, Patna . The entrance to the institute is from Kurji Digha road.